Last updated 30 September 2021
Please note that we may update this policy from time to time as our information practices are modified or changed. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
- What cookies are and how does Cool Credit use them?
- How your information is used?
- How your information is being collected?
- What information you are consenting to be shared, disclosed or sold?
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
- How to access, update or delete your information?
- How Cool Credit treats your personal and financial related information?
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information.
- How Cool Credit protects children’s privacy?
- How California Consumer’s Access An Important Privacy Notice?
- What else should you know about your online privacy?
What personally identifiable information does the Cool Credit Website collect from me?
Cool Credit Website collects information in several ways. Some personal information is gathered when you register on the website. During the registration process, the Cool Credit Website requires that you create a username and password. At that time you may also be asked for demographic information about yourself, such as your birth date, gender, and mailing address. Other than your mailing address and birth date as any other information required to provide the specific service you requested, you are not required to provide any other information, but the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience.
We may ask you for personal information at other times also, including (but not limited to) when you utilize a promotion sponsored by Cool Credit and/or one of our affiliates; when you make a purchase from the Cool Credit Website; and if you report a problem with our products and/or services. Such information may include your e-mail and home address as well as Social Security number and other personal identifiers.
If you make contact with Cool Credit we may keep a record of that correspondence. Cool Credit may occasionally ask users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
We may also collect information about you through and or from third parties or service providers. This information is used to create a specific profile and help us determine how we can best assist you or determine what products best suit your needs, see 3. How does Cool Credit use my information? below, for more information.
What cookies are and how does Cool Credit use them?
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or ‘Sign In’ and is modified when you ‘Sign Out’ of our services.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing the Cool Credit Website is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior.
- To process the items in your shopping basket. This information collected by cookies is sometimes called ‘clickstream’ or ‘click trail’ and may also describe which pages you have seen in each merchant’s store.
Cool Credit Website also collects IP addresses and Internet Browser Information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
How does the Cool Credit use my information?
Cool Credit Website’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience. This includes personalization services, interactive communications as well as display of advertisements for valuable products and services. By knowing a little about you, Cool Credit is able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and better service to you.
We may use your information to:
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Provide you with a requested service.
- Respond to customer service requests.
- Send you marketing communications or advertisements.
- Determine what products or serves may best suit your needs.
- For third parties to send you marketing communications or advertisements.
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
- Personalize your web or service experience.
- Research: We may do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration and from our server log files. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an anonymous, aggregated basis.
How is your information being collected?
We collect information directly from you when you use this Site or sign up for our products or services. We also collect information indirectly from you based on insights gathered from your use of our Site and services.
We may also collect information made available through third-party platforms and apps (such as online social media platforms), through online databases or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained. This information may be governed by the privacy notice(s) provided by the third party at the time of collection. We purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with the personally identifiable information customers provide us, to offer advertising and products in which we think our customers will be interested. For example, some Cool Credit services may be offered in conjunction with an affiliated company, including IdentityIQ.
When you are using this Site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Cool Credit and, if applicable Direct Business Affiliates, unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
Your consent to information being shared, disclosed or sold.
- Service Provider: A Service Provider is a Company utilized by Cool Credit to assist Cool Credit in providing you the service you have specifically requested Cool Credit provide you. A Direct Business Affiliate is under a strict confidentiality agreement not to disclose any of your personally identifiable information to outside parties unless it is necessary to provide the services you requested or they are given permission to do so by you.
- Affiliates: Cool Credit may disclose your personal information to its affiliates, as specifically described to you when the data is collected. Unless you direct the company otherwise, Cool Credit may share your personal information with Credit Squad, LLC, United Services Credit, LLC, or any other affiliate company.
- Business Partners & Sponsors: Cool Credit may disclose or share your personal information to business partners or sponsors, as specifically described to you when the data is collected or prior to transferring the data. Some or all data collected during a Cool Credit promotion may be shared with a sponsor. Unless you direct the company otherwise, Cool Credit may share your personal information with National Debt Relief, Bills.com, or any other business (including lenders). This sharing of information with our business partners will allow them to market products to you that they believe you will be interested in.
- Third Party Data and Data in the Aggregate: Under confidentiality agreements, Cool Credit may match user information with third party data. Also, Cool Credit may disclose aggregated user statistics (for example, ‘15% of our users are located in New Jersey’) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- Other: Cool Credit may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Cool Credit Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use or may be violating the Cool Credit Agreement or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Cool Credit rights or property, other Cool Credit Website users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Cool Credit may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
By providing personal information on or through the Site, or in connection with services provided by the Company thereon or in connection therewith, you agree that:
- All the information you have provided is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
- You are allowing Cool Credit, and ANY third-party partners of Cool Credit to contact you about products or services.
- Cool Credit may buy, sell, rent, lease, share or provide 3rd party companies your personal information that was provided to us.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING SHARING: Cool Credit is committed to providing you outstanding services and ensuring your needs are met. With your consent, as indicated above, we may share your personal information and non-personal information with third parties for the purpose of allowing them to provide information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may review your personal information in order to pick a company that is suited to provide you services that you may need. We may receive compensation from the third parties with whom we share your information with. That said, we do not endorse or promote any of the third parties for which we share information with.
We are not attorneys and we don’t provide legal advice. As always, we encourage you to do your homework and check out individuals and companies that have contacted you based on the consent you have provided to Cool Credit. We are not responsible and do not guarantee any outcomes from these providers.
What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
You may opt out of having information about you shared with third parties (other than when required by law or court order or to process transactions to which you have consented), or from receiving future offers in connection with the Site, by following the instructions contained within each marketing communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, such opting out will not apply to any communications from our other website offerings you have registered for or to our network partners or other third parties to whom we may have already provided your information. Those third parties’ use of your information is subject to such parties’ own privacy policies and opt-out procedures, for which we are not responsible.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you may not be able to use those Site services that require registration in order to participate.
If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service or not to participate in certain promotions or contests.
How to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
You may edit your Cool Credit Website Account Information at any time by using your Cool Credit Website User ID and password. If you have forgotten your password, please click here to request a new password. For all other problems signing in to the Site, please click here to email customer service.
If you are participating in a Cool Credit promotion and you wish to update your email address on the promotions mailing list or to quit a promotion and cease receiving promotion related email, please contact email@example.com.
How does the Cool Credit Website protect my personal and financial related information?
Keeping your personal and financial information private is vitally important to us.
Knowing that you use certain services or features may help us to offer you better and more relevant content and advertisements. But as with all personally identifiable information, we do not make this available to any third parties without your permission. Any user statistics that we may provide to non-direct affiliates regarding financial product or service usage on the Cool Credit Website are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user.
Please note that there are several places on the Site where you can transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Any time we ask for a credit card number we transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We use industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Your Cool Credit Website Account Information is password protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Cool Credit Website Account Information by using your Cool Credit Website User ID and password.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. The Cool Credit Website and Cool Credit will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of your Cool Credit Website account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no communication — by internet, phone, mail or any other means — can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, the Cool Credit Website and Cool Credit cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
What about children’s privacy?
Naturally, the safety of children is very important to us. Cool Credit does not offer products and services for purchase to children the age of 13, and does not share personal information about users or their children under the age of 13 with third parties. In addition, Cool Credit Website and Cool Credit will not send any direct email or mail offers to users who indicate they are under the age of 13.
How California Consumer’s Access An Important Privacy Notice?
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.